The world was worried for Queen Elizabeth’s health last week when it emerged the 95 year old had tested positive for COVID-19, but insiders say the Her Majesty is eager to get on with her work.
Although Queen Elizabeth has been triple-jabbed, she seemed to contract the virus a few days after a meeting with her son, Prince Charles, who tested positive two days after the meeting.
Charles’ wife Camilla, who is also triple vaccinated, gave a positive test result four days later.
Palace insiders eased public concerns on Sunday when they announced that the Queen, who will turn 96 in April, is experiencing “mild cold-like symptoms” but will continue to undertake “light duties at Windsor over the coming week”.
“She will continue to receive medical treatment and will follow all appropriate guidelines”, the statement concluded.
Fans, celebrities and politicians across the world have united in wishing Her Majesty a speedy recovery, and have marvelled at her tremendous sense of bravery, duty and her eagerness to continue her work.
In a public statement, the Queen said she was “extremely thankful” to everyone around her for providing “emotional and practical support”, although according to an inside source provided by Us Weekly, the she doesn’t need or ask for much help:
“Of course, she has a team of doctors to lean on whenever needed and a support staff that’s second to none,” said the insider, “But thus far Her Majesty has been handling this without any fuss or need to involve too many others in her recovery.”
The source went on to say that everyone at Windsor was hugely impressed and inspired by the Queen’s work ethic:
“She’s showed extraordinary courage and is thankful for all the love and support she’s received, and as long as she feels able to work that’s what she’ll continue to [do].
“It’s typical of her selfless character and everyone is just in awe of her resolve and bravery. She’s truly one of a kind and an example to everyone around her.”
Although all COVID self-isolation rules – even for those who test positive – are set to be lifted in Britain as from Thursday this week, the Queen will not attend events outside of the Palace, and has also cancelled planned virtual meetings in favour of lighter tasks while she recovers.
Throughout the pandemic, the elderly Monarch has been very open about her support for the vaccine program, having received her first jab in January 2021, a few months prior to the death of her husband Phillip.
During a virtual meeting with British hospital staff, she said of the vaccine, “you have a feeling of, you know, you’re protected, which is I think very important,’
“I think the other thing is, that it is obviously difficult for people if they’ve never had a vaccine … but they ought to think about other people rather than themselves.”
Meanwhile, England’s future King, Prince Charles, 73, returned to Royal duties yesterday with a visit to a cathedral. It was the second time triple jabbed Charles had contracted the virus, but reportedly only suffered a very mild illness on both occasions.