Skip to content

Privacy-Loving Harry And Meghan Filming Docu-Series in Their LA Mansion Before Queen’s Jubilee

Note: This article may contain commentary or the author's opinion.

After their controversial declaration that they would be leaving behind their Royal duties in favor of a private life in the States, Prince Harry and Meghan Markle have now secured a Kardashian-style docuseries with Netflix.

The Sussexes have hosted camera crews in their $14 million Los Angeles mansion, which they call home for a reality series that could be similar to Keeping Up With The Kardashians or The Osbournes.

It is unknown whether the couple’s children, Archie, 3, and Lilibet, 11-months, will also appear in the series.

I think it’s fair to say that Netflix is getting its pound of flesh,” said a Hollywood insider to Page Six.

In true celebrity style and a world away from Harry’s classy, stayed upbringing, the warts-and-all docuseries will see the controversial couple followed around by cameras as they attend events and social meetings and relax in their oh-so-private Hollywood crib.

According to Page Six, a camera crew had already followed the Sussexes to the Netherlands, where Prince Harry hosted the Invictus Games last month. In addition, the same production team had been given unprecedented access to their home in Montecito and tailed them on their trip to NYC last September.

Do you think Biden is mentally capable of running for President again in 2024?*
This poll gives you free access to our premium politics newsletter. Unsubscribe at any time.
This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.

One of the show’s producers told Page Six that “the timing is still being discussed, things are up in the air,” but Netflix would like the series to end just before the realization of Harry’s highly anticipated memoir.

The ‘follow our private lives at home’ style reality series was first pioneered by mouthy record producer Sharon Osbourne and her husband Ozzy in the 2000s. Since then, the Kardashians have taken the crown for the show format and are now worth a collective $1.4 billion.

But with Harry and Meghan having insisted they had left the UK to pursue a more private home life, their decision to participate in such a series will undoubtedly draw some vocal criticism.

This revelation comes just two weeks before the pair fly to Britain to celebrate Harry’s grandmother, Queen Elizabeth II’s Platinum Jubilee.



Buckingham Palace is scrambling to try to stop Harry and Meghan from destroying the Queen’s legacy by making the celebration of her 70 years of service into a cheap celebrity-style catfight with the Sussexes.

Last month, the Queen announced that after “careful consideration,” she would not permit Harry, Meghan, or Prince Andrew to join her for the Royal address to the public from the Buckingham Palace balcony during the Changing of the Guard on June 2.

The three outcasts will be allowed to attend other events throughout the four-day celebration, including a national holiday for the British public.

Royal experts, including Angela Levin, author of ‘Harry: Conversations With the Prince’ expressed her concern that the Hollywood couple would try to ruin the event for the Queen:

“Harry wanted privacy and to be ordinary. He also hated cameras. But he’s ended up doing an at home docuseries for Netflix. Does he need to be searched for hidden cameras on Jubilee days? Will he steal the event from the Queen?”

Australian royal commentator Daniela Elser said the pair had degraded themselves from their former classy, aloof presentation to behaving like a pair of fame-chasing celebrities:

“In only four years, the Sussexes have gone from being global darlings, resoundingly adored with desk drawers full of enterprising plans for charity projects, to reducing themselves to proto-Kardashians.”